.OBJ format exporter for BIM Vision (05 oct. 2017) - ifc to obj converter
Use BIM Vision as an IFC to OBJ converter thanks to PolyExt .OBJ Exporter, Fast and Easy.
This plugin is in active development right now and we will be happy to improve upon user feedback every time it's needed. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction, please feel free to report any problem or feature request at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Exports / Converts accurately your IFC files to OBJ
- Automatic material generation per IFC type
- Automatically merges and optimizes geometry for best performances (per layer, per ifc type, predefined type...)
- Object filtering capabilities for filtering ifc types, openings, spaces...
- Compatible with Unity, 3dsMax, Maya, Rhino, and many more...
- Optimized for realtime applications compatibility (face normals, backface culling...)
About demo limitation
- As a customer, will you send me updates for free? Yes, your licence is valid for upcoming updates.
- Is PolyExt working standalone? No. You need to install for free BIM Vision first, then install the PolyExt plugin.
- Why is my export in demo mode failing? Demo mode is limited to a max quantity of geometry. You should select few objects and click : Export Selection. If the demo limit is raised, please restart Bim Vision before trying again.
- Is there a way to see what the plugin can do with full model exports? Yes. Send us a request by email with your IFC file and we'll do a sample conversion for you for evaluation purposes.
- Are the IFC meta data kept in the conversion process? This feature will be shipped in the next release. Please let us know if this is something that you need and we will make it happen faster.
In demo mode you'll be limited to exporting few selected objects to try the plugin out. If too many objects are selected at once, the plugin will be unloaded and will not work until next BIM Vision restart.
Please feel free to ask if you need a more in depth personalized showcase of the plugin capabilities.